Answers to your questions about finding plus size bras that fit, flatter and help you feel beautiful.
1. What should I look for when bra shopping?
Fit, fabric, construction – and, of course, fashion! We all have our favorites, but each of us should truly have a “bra wardrobe” to wear with both casual and dressy outfits. Plus, you’ll want basic as well as fashion bras. Here’s what you should look for in every plus size bra you buy.
- Fabric with a comfortable amount of stretch
- Stitching that gives the bra structure and shape.
- Wide straps with slightly rigid elastic (to minimize shoulder pain and prevent those slip-off-the-shoulder wardrobe malfunctions.)
2. How do I measure to find my correct size?
3. How often should I be measured?
Your breast size goes up and down as you age and because the changes are subtle, you may not realize the size you’ve been wearing for ages is now wrong. It’s a good idea to get measured every year, or if you gain or lose more than five pounds.
4. When is it time to replace my bras?
Depending on wear, it’s a good idea to think about replacing some of your bras twice a year. It’s time to say goodbye when a bra becomes uncomfortable and/or stops being supportive. If your bra comes out of the wash and, on its first wear, needs to be worn on its tightest hook, it’s probably too stretched out to be supportive.
5. Why is it so important that my bras fit?
(like, REALLY fit)
- A poorly fitted bra can actually alter the natural shape of your breasts
- An under-supported chest can lead to poor posture and back pain
- Blood circulation increases when your chest is lifted
- Most tops/dress styles today are designed to be worn with a properly fitted bra
- Putting on the right bra can be an instant makeover. When you look good, you feel good!